In this section of my e-porfolio, I will demonstrate how I developed the ability to demonstrate effective instructional strategies for one-on-one tutoring, classroom teaching, and learner assessment.
One of the ways I developed this ability was through my Tutoring Project, which I completed as part of the course requirements for APLNG 802 (Focus on English) in the winter and spring of 2012.
I had the chance to further develop this ability during this and other courses in my reflective blog entries, a selection of which are provided below.
- A Few Thoughts on Task-Based Instruction
- Focus on Grammar
- Focus on Pronunciation and Fluency
- Learning to Teach
- The Dilemmas of Language Assessment
- Cultural Pluralism vs. Cultural Hybridity
- The English Sound System, Orthography and Approaches to Teaching Spelling
- On Inflection, Derivation and Teaching Word Forms
- Strategies for Teaching Articles
- Sharing My Own Second Language Learning Experiences
- Beyond Method
TrackBack URL: http://tesolblog.org/cgi/mt/mt-tb.cgi/9