Welcome to my TESOL Portfolio
Thank you for visiting my TESOL E-Portfolio, where I have displayed many of the projects, assignments, blog posts and essays I completed while I was a student in the Graduate Certificate in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) program at the Pennsylvania State University. I hope that by reviewing this work, readers will gain a sense of my teaching philosophy and beliefs, the theoretical frameworks in which I work, and the ideas and research that inform my teaching practice. I have applied these principles at the educational institutions where I have worked and the English language programs for which I have provided expert advice and curriculum development.
During my four semesters of study in the Penn State Graduate Certificate in TESOL program, I developed the following core competencies, which form the curricular goals of the program:
• The ability to analyze various domains of language (e.g., phonological, lexical, grammatical, and pragmatic) in relation to adult learner language development and apply these understandings to adult English language teaching.
• The ability to design, adapt, and evaluate curricula, technology, media, and other resources that meet the specific instructional and language-related needs and abilities of adult English language learners.
• The ability to develop an understanding of the multilingual/multicultural contexts within which adult English language learners live and work and the role of learning and using English in an increasingly globalized world.
• The ability to demonstrate effective instructional strategies for one-on-one tutoring, classroom teaching, and learner assessment.
• The ability to create a professional TESOL e-portfolio as a final capstone project.
This e-portolio has been designed to demonstrate how I have achieved these curricular goals.